Saturday, February 6, 2010

Randy's Visit to San Diego


It was such fun having Randy visit us for quilting. Thank you, Betsey for being such a wonderful host. And thanks to everyone for the Salad by Committee. As usual, it was yummy (the recipe can be found on an earlier blog entry). The afternoon flew by so quickly. There was great conversations and we learned so much, too. Who would have known that Brother makes a great cheap sewing machine that can be found at Costco for about $169 and Shark makes a great iron for around $40! Randy's Feathered Star quilt was quilted using the Brother. (Did someone happen to take a picture of it? It's fabulous, btw.)

Susan sent a couple of pictures of Randy's pineapple scrap quilt. All those tiny pieces! (Randy said it was a lot of fun and not that difficult.) Here's another look:

There were more pictures taken of other quilts, so if you have them, please post or send them to me and I'll share them.

Come back soon, Randy! (We're all invited to visit Randy, too. Sun River, Sisters Quilt Show in July anyone? Sounds like fun.....)

2 comments:

  1. Mary, Thank you for posting Randy's quilt photos - I think DiAnn has pix of her feathered star. It was a wonderful afternoon - lots of laughs and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I hope you will post your nine patch! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.